Wednesday 18 November 2015

Uni Or Not?

Hello Everyone,

"It always seems impossible until it is done."

I have come to a point in my life where a lot of my friends are starting to think about applying to uni and which one they want to go to but this isn't what I want to do. For quite a while now I haven't wanted to go to university. It just isn't for me. I cannot comment on what is the best option as I haven't experienced it yet but I just wanted to do a blog post considering the options. I feel that quite a lot of people go to uni after sixth form and that seems to be what is encouraged in school but it isn't the right option for everyone.

I think that university is good for some people who know that there is a course that they want to do or if there is a degree that they need for a certain job. A lot of my friends want to go to uni and I think that's great because it is what they want to do. Also, a lot of my family have been to uni and have really enjoyed it. Therefore, by doing this blog post I am not trying to say that uni isn't a good choice because it is for some people and if you think that uni is the right option for you I would encourage you to do that.

But, I don't think that the other options are talked about as much. I mean there are plenty of things you can do after sixth form apart from go to uni including
  • Going to collage to further your knowledge of a particular course
  • Getting an apprenticeship 
  • Overseas study 
  • Voluntary work 
  • Gap Years
  • Getting a job
 I personally want to go into employment because I feel that I have had enough of learning in a school environment and I am ready to starting earning my own money and to learn more life skills. I think that it is important to remember that just because you don't go to uni doesn't mean you can't get a good job. Often working your way up from the bottom can get you to a very good job.

I just wanted to mention some of the other options in case some of you are struggling of what you want to do after sixth form. Sometimes it can seem that uni is the main options and other options are forgotten about but you've got to do what is best for you. I hope you have liked this post. Thanks for reading. 

Pretty Perfect x


No comments:

Post a Comment