Saturday 13 June 2015

Places to Visit Near York!

Hello Everyone,

A couple of months ago I went away for a few days to York. I had a lovely time so today I thought I would tell you about some of the places I visited and that I recommend going to if you're ever near there.

Harrogate



Harrogate is a Spa Town in North Yorkshire. It is a really nice place and has some lovely shops. I spent a couple of hours there on one of the days and did a bit of shopping. It has both expensive, high-end shops and high street stores so there is something for everyone. I would definitely recommend going to Harrogate as it is a beautiful place and has so much to see. It's just a shame we couldn't have spent more time there. Here are some of the pictures that I took whilst I was there.












Goathland!

Have any of you seen the TV series 'HeartBeat'? Well, Goathland is where Heartbeat was filmed. My sister and I started watching Heartbeat (1992-2010) after we got the series 1 DVD for Christmas and we absolutely loved it. We watched the whole DVD in two days and really want to get series 2 now. Therefore, when we found out we were going to York visiting Goathland was a must. I loved Goathland, it was great to see where it had been filmed and it was generally a really nice, pretty little place.




The train station in the picture above is also where they filmed some scenes in one of the Harry Potter Films.

 


The York Roast!


When we went into York for the day we had lunch in a place called The York Roast and it was so nice. It's basically a cafe where you choose what meat you want and then you can either have it in a sandwhich or in a Yorkshire Pudding with veg. We had beef in a Yorkshire Pudding with Veg and it was lovely. I would definitely recommend going here if you ever find one because it was lovely. They're not just in York either I have seen them in other places since. Click here to visit the York Roast website.

As this post is quite long already and I have a few more places I want to tell you about I have decided to do a Part 2 to this post soon so you can keep an eye out for that. I definitely recommend all of these places. I hope you have enjoyed reading this post. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment