Sunday 31 May 2015

Review: The Fault in Our Stars DVD!

Hello Everyone,

Today I thought that I would review one of my favourite DVDs which is the Fault in our Stars.



I LOVE this film. I watched it for the first time a couple of moths ago after reading the book last summer. I was definitely not disappointed. I absolutely loved the book (which I have already reviewed) so I was really hoping that the film would be just as good. In my opinion the film was just as good as the book; I really enjoyed it. If you want to read my book review of TFIOS click here.

Despite this being quite a sad film, it still had aspects of comedy and plenty of romance which I love because it make it much easier to watch. It is emotional to watch but it's a lovely storyline so it's well worth watching. I feel that you really get to connect to the characters like in the book and really get attached them which shows that the actors are doing a very good job.

I would definitely watch it again and it is a film that I would show to all of my friends and watch it over and over again. I personally think that it is better to read the book first because I think its nice to have the element of surprise when your reading a book and that feeling of not knowing what is going to happen next. 

I want to tell you a bit about the film but I don't want to give anything away in case you haven't seen it so I have included what it says on the back of the DVD case:

'Hazel (Shailene Woodley) and Gus (Ansel Elgort) share a sarcastic sense of humour, a distaste for convention, and ultimately, a love that will sweep them onto a transformative journey that they - and you - will never forget. Although the two teens face extraordinary challenges, their courage and dedication to each other prove that while life isn't perfect, love is. Laura Dern (TV's Enlightened, The Master) and Willem Dafoe (Out of the Furnace, Spider-Man Films) also star in this powerfully moving film based on John Green's best-selling novel.'

Reviews
Here are a couple of reviews on the film:
  • "Five Stars. We'd give it six if we could" - Sugarscape
  • "Perfection doesn't give it justice" -  An Amazon Customer

I really do love this film and I would watch it over and over again. I think that it's just as good as the book and I think that the actors were cast perfectly and really do the storyline justice. I definitely recommend it so if you would like to buy the film click here where you can get it on Amazon for £6.99. I hope you enjoyed reading this post. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment